logotype
21 -October -2018 - 04:41
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Tales of the Old Republic is the place to post stories you have written about your character or others, either based upon roleplay that has occurred, or an entire side-story to events in-game which shed light on other parts of your character's life.

TOPIC: Recipient: Fitboy87@Khoondamail

Recipient: Fitboy87@Khoondamail 9 months 2 weeks ago #17475

• Lucasta
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Thank you received: 382
[Booting Datapad...]
[Enter Password for account, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it...]
[Password Accepted]
[Compose New Mail]
[Mail opened]

Hey you!

It's been a few weeks since you last heard from me, but I've been super busy settling in to my new job. You knew, of course, that I'd be moving far away, but I bet you had no idea I was moving to a place like this! Tatooine is not very interesting on the whole, but the desert is something different than what I'm used to, so for the time being it isn't too bad.

Enough about me, though. How are you doing? Last I heard you were getting some new dogs to train, which is always fun. I've always loved hanging out at your place when the new pups arrive, as you well know. They're far too adorable. They make for good service dogs, too, the way you train them. I think you might want to expand your market a bit? Soon it will be needed. We've spoken about this, remember? The fact that we need to restore order in the galaxy? I'm actually going to try and do my best to see it happen.

Don't let that colleague of you tell you otherwise, either. You are better than that and I know that you are a true loyalist. Just like me. Wouldn't you love to see your dogs at the head of a new beginning? Part of the reason there is no more chaos and the world is finally at peace?

I miss you. I think that's obvious. I miss our chats and your stupid jokes that aren't really funny but still make me laugh.

Get back to me soon, okay?

Love,

Verle.

[Send Mail]
[Recipient, Fitboy87@Khoondamail]
[Mail Sent]
[Close Program]
[Shutdown]

☐ Taken
☐ Single
✔ Mentally dating an imaginary character
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Braya Yasra, Margo Faulkner, Eskkaar

Recipient: Fitboy87@Khoondamail 9 months 2 weeks ago #17476

• Eskkaar
  • Sergeant Major
  • Thank you received: 701
[Booting Datapad...]
[Enter Password for account, Fitboy87@Khoondamail]
[Password Accepted]
[Compose New Mail]
[Mail opened]

Alright, listen up! My jokes are funny, and definitely not stupid.

I'm good, thank you. But you shouldn't have mentioned the dogs, the thrice damned creatures are driving me mad. I'm pretty sure they were never this hard to train a few years ago, and I'm not sure why you like my place, it still needs fixing up, a lot to be honest. But, its a roof over our heads and its still standing whole.

I will let you know if they're still as adorable as you think (A clue: their not. Ugly frackers.)

Not to worry about the business's expansion though, the higher ups have got that covered. Especially the scarred one, she's got plans.

Anyway, enough about me and mine. How are you doing? This new job must be exciting, right? It has to be if you have to travel all the way out to the arse end of the galaxy.

And don't mentioned deserts anymore, I still haven't forgiven sand after it got everywhere that time a few years back. Tents in the desert do not mix, despite the fun!

I'd like to be indifferent and say that I don't miss you, but the truth is the complete opposite. I miss your quiet companionship during the difficult times, and your outspokenness is brilliance that is sorely lacking at times.

Stay safe, if you can't, contact me.

Love,

Fitboy

[Send Mail]
[Recipient, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it...]
[Mail Sent]
[Close Program]
[Shutdown]
Last Edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by Eskkaar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Braya Yasra, Lucasta, Margo Faulkner

Recipient: Fitboy87@Khoondamail 9 months 2 weeks ago #17478

• Lucasta
  • Staff Sergeant
[Booting Datapad...]
[Enter Password for account, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it...]
[Password Accepted]
[Compose New Mail]
[Mail opened]

Hah! Says you. Of course you'd think they're funny.

As for the dogs, I'm sure you'll whip them into shape in no time at all. Just like the house. I remember trying to fix that leaking roof up together... Stars, that was a thing. I don't think I've ever laughed that much with a welding torch in my hand. Dangerous combination.

I trust your Boss, though. She's always been a sensible lady. Moreso than you :P

And yes! The job is thrilling. I finally feel like I'm contributing to something beyond me, you know? Something that's part of a grand scheme and I'm one of the cogs needed to make it run. It's a good feeling.

As for the sand, I take it as it comes. Thankfully there are a lot of walls between it and me, though for some reason I still have sand in my water and in what feels like all my food. Everything is... crispy? I don't know. It isn't as bad as that time, though, only I miss the fun that came with that. This time it's only the other kind.

The work is good though, keeps me busy and occupied. It's not very varried and sometimes I feel like I'm looking for a needle in a haystack whilst trying to find this faulty wire or that missing screw. I'm not alone, though. The company is good because we're all of the same mind, trying to work towards a brighter future.

I think one of my colleagues is getting that kind of fun though! She's been eyeing up this rather sexy engineer that's been strutting all over the place. I don't get it, cause he's an arrogant shitbag, but hey. What do I know?

And hey. It's fine to say you miss me. Who wouldn't? I'm a pretty amazing person, honestly. Though you flatter me. I'll deny forever that your words actually made me hide my screen from one of the others because they'd be teasing me about my 'sweetheart' forever.

Don't worry about me. I'm always safe. Sand or no sand. ;)

Love,

Verle.

[Send Mail]
[Mail Sent]
[Close Program]
[Shutdown]

☐ Taken
☐ Single
The following user(s) said Thank You: Margo Faulkner, Eskkaar

Recipient: Fitboy87@Khoondamail 9 months 2 weeks ago #17479

• Eskkaar
  • Sergeant Major
[Booting Datapad...]
[Password Accepted]
[Compose New Mail]
[Mail opened]

I'm going to cut straight to the point here - You think the boss lady is sensible? Strike that, you think both boss ladies are sensible? Do you not remember the first time we were all together after the scary scarred one came back from holiday? I've never wanted to vomit and scream, at the same time, in my life. There she was, leaping around with of all things a damned green cape flapping in the wind, like she's straight out of one of those action holovids - what was that one called, Sparrowgirl?. Never again will I be doing anything so crazy!

I'm glad to hear that your finding purpose again in your new job, I guess we all need to feel that or what's the point, right? Even if the work is a bit monotonous at times, we both now how that is! But, if there is anyone that can find a needle in the proverbial haystack I'm sure its you, after all you've had a pretty varied career path before this and I'm sure some of those skill will come in handy.

But, jumping back I suppose the boss ladies have a sensible streak in them. They both want to build this big greenhouse for our workplace, kinda wanting to get this whole self sufficient thing going as you know how remote our place is. Its a good idea and having a bit more greenery around won't hurt. But, I'm just waiting for the inevitable barrage of questions I'll get having grown up on a farm.

We actually had a bit of an excursion last week, managed to get the dogs out on a leash and try this whole 'expanding the business' thing. Interacting with some natives on some random planet - I forget the name, I think it even had numbers mixed in there. Anyway, Mrs Eyepatch took to it well, after all but a day she was walking around, spear in hand as she mixed in among the locals. The kids were fun though, if a little scared. I think all of our get up is enough to scare anyone when we first turn up, but they started warming up after a few days.

But, the entire trip just proved how far we need to push to make sure all the canines are trained well. To say they were 'ruff' around the edges is an understatement.

Moving on, our friend with the dodgy leg would probably pry it off and beat me to death with it, but, since when are Engineers sexy? Maybe I've been mixing with the wrong crowds.

Its nice to see your still as modest as always...

Be safe.

Love,

Fitboy

[Send Mail]
[Recipient, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it...]
[Mail Sent]
[Close Program]
[Shutdown]

Recipient: Fitboy87@Khoondamail 9 months 2 weeks ago #17480

• Lucasta
  • Staff Sergeant
[Booting Datapad...]
[Password Accepted]
[Compose New Mail]
[Mail opened]

Hey you,

Sorry that it's been a few weeks, I meant to message you sooner, but there was a bit of reorganisation. Someone quit their job and left a whole department headless, which caused a bunch of chaos. You know how it goes.

Sparrowgirl... Man. Those were the days. Treeclimbing and parkouring around like we had no worries in the world, except you who screamed like a little girl. You have to give it to her, she's a daredevil if ever there was one!

The atmosphere here is a little tense. I wish it was like you are describing, that area with the natives and the dogs... I miss watching them learn what scents to track and how to keep true to the trail. That and the behaviour training have always been my favorite parts. Ah, man. To be running around with you guys again.

I know that what I'm doing is important and I wouldn't give it up for anything in the world, but sometimes I wish you guys would come to your senses and realise you too should be doing this work. It's really for the good of everyone, I'm telling you, and it would mean I'd be working with all of you again. Sometimes this place is kind of lonely, especially now that so many people left. Maybe the new people coming in will prove to be better company?

Either way! I can't wait to get some days off so that maybe I can go visit you guys. Especially if you get that greenhouse up! I love greenhouses, and spending this much time in the desert is really only making me want it more.

I hope to see you soon.

Love,

Verle.

[Send Mail]
[Mail Sent]
[Close Program]
[Shutdown]

☐ Taken
☐ Single
The following user(s) said Thank You: Margo Faulkner, Eskkaar

Recipient: Fitboy87@Khoondamail 9 months 2 weeks ago #17481

• Eskkaar
  • Sergeant Major
[Booting Datapad...]
[Password Accepted]
[Compose New Mail]
[Mail opened]

Stars above and below! Don't do that to me!

I was on the verge of grabbing a shuttle and hauling jets to Tatooine and scouring the whole cursed planet if I needed to.

Now that's out the way I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble at work, I hope your job isn't next on the line?

I also happen to think that daredevil is being a bit to kind on that count, but I suppose she's in good company considering the organisation we're a part of.

I hope the new people coming in prove to be better company than the last, and that they don't end up in a headless department as you said the last lot did. But we both know how these things tend to play out, you're best off looking out for you and yours, making sure you keep the jobs and let everyone else care about themselves. As for joining your line of work...well you know I dipped my toes in a while back and it didn't really stick. You're right that you end up doing good work, but I guess I'm just an old dog stuck in their ways.

I know what I'am good at and I think I'm helping here, me and the boss lady have got a lot of work on our hands but we're steadily building the business back up to what it used to be. Not that it'll ever be the same considering those we lost back during the troubles or along the way.

Moving onto happier topics - You might be visiting?!

I'll get the beers in, I think we could all do with an old fashioned knees up after what we've been through over recent months.

Don't take so long to reply next time...even if its just to say you're still breathing!

Look after yourself.

Love,

Fitboy

[Send Mail]
[Mail Sent]
[Close Program]
[Shutdown]

Recipient: Fitboy87@Khoondamail 9 months 2 weeks ago #17482

• Eskkaar
  • Sergeant Major
[Booting Datapad...]
[Password Accepted]
[Compose New Mail]
[Mail opened]

It's been a week without a message, I thought I told you to keep in touch.

Everything's been quiet around here, business has died right down even if our preparations haven't.

I thought you were promising a visit last we spoke, why haven't I heard anything? The beers are still on ice so you best make sure your on your way back here soon!

You best be staying safe.

Love,

Fitboy

[Send Mail]
[Mail Sent]
[Close Program]
[Shutdown]

Recipient: Fitboy87@Khoondamail 9 months 2 weeks ago #17483

• Eskkaar
  • Sergeant Major
[Booting Datapad...]
[Password Accepted]
[Compose New Mail]
[Mail opened]

A Month! A whole damned month without a single "I'm alive." What in stars name is going on?!

I'm worrying myself stupid here. Please send me a reply.

I'd clue yourself in all the goings on here if I wasn't fighting my urge to steal a shuttle and hunt you down.

Reply.

Love,

Fitboy

[Send Mail]
[Mail Sent]
[Close Program]
[Shutdown]

Recipient: Fitboy87@Khoondamail 9 months 2 weeks ago #17484

• Eskkaar
  • Sergeant Major
[Booting Datapad...]
[Password Accepted]
[Compose New Mail]
[Mail opened]

That's it! I've had enough!

Either you reply to this damned mail or I'm taking a shuttle, contacting my old buddies that work you know where, rounding up the dogs and finding you.

I swear by anything that you and I both hold holy that I'll rain hellfire down if anything has happened to you.

Reply,

Fitboy

[Send Mail]
[Mail Sent]
[Close Program]
[Shutdown]

Recipient: Fitboy87@Khoondamail 9 months 2 weeks ago #17485

• Lucasta
  • Staff Sergeant
[Booting Datapad...]
[Password Accepted]
[Compose New Mail]
[Mail opened]

Sorry, am alive, will send more soon.

Verle.

[Send Mail]
[Mail Sent]
[Close Program]
[Shutdown]

☐ Taken
☐ Single
The following user(s) said Thank You: Braya Yasra, Margo Faulkner, Eskkaar
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds
2018  First Expeditionary Fleet