logotype
13 -December -2017 - 05:34
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Tales of the Old Republic is the place to post stories you have written about your character or others, either based upon roleplay that has occurred, or an entire side-story to events in-game which shed light on other parts of your character's life.

TOPIC: [Open RP] Buddy System

[Open RP] Buddy System 2 months 3 weeks ago #17246

• Margo Faulkner
  • First Lieutenant
  • Thank you received: 1218
The days tick by without protest, an endless routine blurring one week into the next. Any lingering adrenaline for the mission, for the Resistance, has long since ebbed away. A period of calm, before the inevitable coming storm.

You turn to see your calendar flash; Taungsday. That, and the predictable cycle of the menu in the canteen, seem to be the only reminders of what day it is. The repetitive workload certainly doesn't offer any clues.

As you're about to turn away from your desk console, you notice a new memo silently flashing away on the dock.

//MEMO
//SECLEV THREE
//PRIORITY BLUE
//EMPCREW
//xCMEU
//oSYSMETOPP

Attention

I require volunteers to assist with a small amount of repair work. You may find more information in the maintenance log.

As you will note, the repair work will require a team to access the external hull plating. As such, volunteers should be competent in EVA, and come equipped for such.

I must stress that this is a voluntary exercise only. However, EVA protocol demands that I may not undertake this task solo. Therefore, I will expect at least one of you to report to airlock 6-D at 0900hrs Taungsday.

-Faulkner
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Margo Faulkner.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eskkaar, Lexihes Ryan

[Open RP] Buddy System 2 months 3 weeks ago #17247

• Eskkaar
  • Gunnery Sergeant
  • Thank you received: 599
//MEMO
//SECLEV THREE
//PRIORITY BLUE
//xCMEU
//xXOMEU
//oSYSMETOPP

Lieutenant,

I will assist in this task and will be at airlock 6-D at the specified time.

-Ragnarson.

Leaning back into his chair Eskkaar rubs briefly at his eyes, chasing away tiredness no doubt exacerbated by the monotony of recent weeks. Now a small upturn of his lips shows his appreciation for anything, even hull repairs, to break up his day.
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Eskkaar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Margo Faulkner, Lexihes Ryan

[Open RP] Buddy System 2 months 3 weeks ago #17248

• Margo Faulkner
  • First Lieutenant
Margo is waiting there when he arrives. By the look of her impatient stance, she's been there for some time, decked out in her full Virtus suit, minus the helm. The modular suit sports the appropriate modifications for EVA, along with the new modified red band across the arms and shoulders.

She turns to look at Eskkaar as his boots sound out upon the deck, checking her chrono with a single steely eye.

"Still punctual, Ragnarson. Good."

She immediately moves around behind him to check his gear, before turning away for him to return the favour.

"How long has it been since you last went 'outside'?"
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Margo Faulkner.

[Open RP] Buddy System 2 months 3 weeks ago #17249

• Eskkaar
  • Gunnery Sergeant
Eskkaar allows himself to be 'Margohandled' as she checks over his gear, no doubt giving it an extra tug just to be safe, resisting a slight urge to roll his eyes at the comment about being punctual.

"Morning Sir, its been a while since I've had a chance to venture anywhere."

As Margo had, he now quickly checks over her gear. Of course finding everything to be in order, it always is.

"Frankly I consider this little space walk a vacation."

Patting her twice on the shoulder he signals that all is good before he quickly checks the toolkit attached to his belt, unclipping his helm from the same soon after.

"What's ended up broken?"

[Open RP] Buddy System 2 months 2 weeks ago #17250

• Margo Faulkner
  • First Lieutenant
Margo steps over to the nearby bench to take up her helm. She pulls it on over her head as she speaks, changing the sound of her voice as it's muffled by the armour. She never loses her clipped tone, which comes altogether more clearly as the internal comm activates and funnels the sound straight to Eskkaar's ears.

"There's some damage to one of the sensor nodes, as well as to the external shield projection meshing. It's minor, but, it's localised. Which is especially odd as the two systems aren't connected, they're simply located physically close by on the hull. That... would usually point towards outside interference, though we haven't detected an asteroid strike, and we certainly haven't taken any weapon's fire."

She finishes sealing her helm to the neck of her suit, giving the oxygen levels another look over. She'd much rather be doing this alone. Working with another means relying on another... and it means constant communication.

Still, despite her icy demeanor, she finds herself more comfortable in Eskkaar's presence than she had thought to. Perhaps, something lingering in her memory...

"... Of course... that could simply be because the sensor node is damaged. Hence, why we're going to have to go and eyeball it."

[Open RP] Buddy System 2 months 2 weeks ago #17251

• Eskkaar
  • Gunnery Sergeant
Eskkaar followed suit, sliding his helm over his head and clicking it into place. Beginning the final checks on his own suit as he powers up the HUD with a tap of a button as Margo's voice filters through his headset. He nods along with each point, acknowledging it and filing the information away. As he replies, his own voice now sounding slightly computerized, a small and unseen twitch thanks to the helmet pulls at his lips. Unable to resist a small jab at the Starfighter Corps.

"I don't suppose one of the flyboys ended up having a close shave with the Empress's hull and forgot to mention it?"

Taking the few steps over to Margo he removes a safety line from his belt, ensuring his end is firmly secured. Stopping just short of the Lieutenant, he raises the metallic clip and gently raps it against her helm, holding it up to viser hieght.

"Best not to get lost, Sir."
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Eskkaar.

[Open RP] Buddy System 2 months 2 weeks ago #17252

• Margo Faulkner
  • First Lieutenant
She gives her Second a nod, relieving him of the clip and snapping it into place on her belt.

"I've brought a pair of magnetic tethers, to secure us in place once we make it to the worksite."

She moves to retrieve the last of her gear; A heavy looking toolbox, complete with a large, intimidating turbo-drill. Just before she hefts it up, she turns back to her partner.

"... I'd usually not carry this much without a repulsor, but I suppose that won't matter once we step out."

"I've... actually got a bit of a hunch as to what the source of our problem is. That's why I brought... this."

Margo takes a sleek, black pole in her grip. It feels comfortable in her hand, not unlike the spear she became so familiar with down on OHS 1782-03. A stun pike. She hands it over to Eskkaar.

[Open RP] Buddy System 2 months 2 weeks ago #17253

• Eskkaar
  • Gunnery Sergeant
Reaching out his hand he takes a hold of the offered melee weapon, turning it to the horizontal and testing its weight, calling back the few times he had used a quarterstaff during PT.

Satisfied he has somewhat of an understanding for the weapon, turning it back to the vertical and grounding the butt by his right foot. If one were to simply observe his silhouette at that precise moment they could be forgiven for mistaking him as some medieval sentinel.

He turns his attention back to Margo, focusing his gaze on the matching helm of his superior, his own thoughts turning briefly to why exactly she'd dug up a stun pike from the stores.

"I'm guessing that since I've got this we're after some kind of space critter? If it was the usual suspects; Imps, Zakuul, and even pirates we'd be proceeding with a lot more prejudice, so..."

He wracks his brain for a second more before he continues.

"...Mynocks?"

[Open RP] Buddy System 2 months 2 weeks ago #17254

• Margo Faulkner
  • First Lieutenant
Margo tilts her head to one side, nodding once.

"... That, or something similar. I'm not certain, but it's best to go out there prepared."

She lifts the equipment box with a low grunt, almost staggering with it into the waiting airlock. She certainly seems to have come equipped for any eventuality. Margo sets it down once more, huffing in relief, before taking a moment to activate the case's magnetic underside.

She uprights once more, glancing back as Eskkaar follows her in. She lifts her hand to activate her comm as she waits for him to seal the lock behind them.

"Faulkner to Control. Two man team, consisting of myself and Gunnery Sergeant Ragnarson, standing by at airlock Six-Dorne. Requesting link for duration, and awaiting depressurisation. Over."

[Open RP] Buddy System 2 months 2 weeks ago #17255

• Eskkaar
  • Gunnery Sergeant
"Faulkner - Control. Copy that. Confirm hard seal of airlock door. Over."

The marine nods briefly before he turns towards the airlock door panel, inputting his own access code before tapping out a command to seal the airlock's internal door. He waits a moment for the door to shut and the panel to read back that the seal is good, then reaching up to his headset he keys his comms on.

"Control - Ragnarson. Airlock is secured and reads as sealed. Confirm and proceed with venting. Over."

Turning back to the outer door and Margo he takes a few steps forwards, focusing on his Virtus suit's wrist panel, activating his magboots while at the same time keying on the magnetic equipment strip to the right of his armour's power and air supply. An unpracticed and slightly clumsy maneuver later has the stun pike firmly secured to his back leaving his hands free.

"Airlock Six-Dorne - Control. You are go for EVA. Stalwarts two and four have the CAP and have been informed, shuttle Firaxian is standing by in the case of an emergency. Beginning depressurization. Over."

The relative silence of the airlock is suddenly assaulted by a wall of machine noise as the air is quickly pulled from the small room, equalizing the pressure with that outside of the Empress and preventing the two marines from being sucked into space if they were to open the outer door with the room still pressurized.

But a moment later and the noise ceases just as the outer doors begin to open, revealing an inky blackness punctured by the bright lights of distant stars, now reflected in the identical visors of two marines.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lexihes Ryan
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
2017  First Expeditionary Fleet