TOPIC: [UPRISING] Announcement: Campaign Hiatus

[UPRISING] Announcement: Campaign Hiatus 7 months 1 week ago #17821

• Braya Yasra
  • Captain
  • Thank you received: 526

UPRISING

CAMPAIGN HIATUS

Hello friends!

Following a period of reflection upon recent events and a discussion between the FEF Command Staff, I have decided to put the Uprising Campaign on a short hiatus, in order to improve the quality of the forthcoming events and roleplay.

The hiatus will last seven days, starting from tomorrow (Tuesday 10th April), and concluding a week later. All currently scheduled campaign events have been postponed until after the hiatus period has concluded. The hiatus may be extended, but every effort will be taken to ensure that the Uprising story resumes as quickly (and smoothly!) as possible.

I apologise for the inconvenience and disruption this delay causes, particularly if members have made arrangements or other sacrifices specifically so that they could attend the advertised events.

Uprising is a very ambitious project, both for the guild, and for me personally, and our recent events have not met my expectations. I believe this hiatus is necessary so as to permit myself sufficient time to re-examine the the campaign story as a whole and its organisation, as well as the planning and preparation for individual events.

I appreciate that some members may be surprised or worried by this announcement, and so I shall reiterate that Uprising will be continuing, and this short delay is to ensure the best possible experience going forward, for everyone involved.

Specifically, I intend to address:
• The organisation and scheduling of the campaign at a general level
• The information available to the players and the cohesiveness of the story
• The organisation and execution of individual events

The *content* of the campaign storyline (the characters, locations and set pieces) will not be significantly altered, changed or removed; only the organisation thereof.

Although the campaign will be on hiatus, there will still be roleplay opportunities in the forthcoming week, and I would encourage everyone to continue their own personal roelplay at their leisure.

For those looking for inspiration, you could use this as an opportunity to have your character:
• Discuss the in-character events of the campaign so far, and see what conclusions can be drawn, if any
• Engage in social roleplay with other characters
• Engage in casual roleplay aboard the Empress Teta (regular duties, drills, patrols, basic maintenance/janitorial duties, equipment checks, etc.)
• Engage in physical or skill-based training
• Explore personal roleplay or character development and growth
• Undertake additional ODMC training (for marines)

On behalf of the First Expeditionary Fleet Command Staff, I thank you for your patience and understanding.

Happy roleplaying!

Last Edit: 7 months 1 week ago by Braya Yasra.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lucasta, Margo Faulkner, Jeriath, Gloridenis Rexicalus, Eskkaar, Saerin, Targen

[UPRISING] Announcement: Campaign Hiatus 7 months 5 hours ago #17830

• Braya Yasra
  • Captain

UPRISING

CAMPAIGN HIATUS: UPDATE

Hello again, folks!

The past week has been productive, and I have a much clearer idea of the overall story, how individual events can piece together much more tightly and I have also revisited and improved upon my pre-existing plans for the remaining events in the campaign. There is still, however, a little more work that I have to do before I feel we are ready to resume, including the remaining changes to be made to the schedule (which will be less linear, driven more by character choices and actions, and with slightly more time set aside for 'build up' and 'aftermath' events), as well as some general polishing (pre-written material/narration, musicbot stuff, and NPC character tweaks). Finally, I also have to perform a variety of updates to the campaign guide to reflect these changes and additions.

Therefore, I will be extending the hiatus period by three days, and we should be resuming on Friday 20th April, with an event likely running across the weekend.

As before, feel free to make the most of this time however you wish; whether you want to pursue some personal or spontaneous roleplay or relax and play some other games, the choice is yours!

Thank you again for your patience, and happy roleplaying!

Last Edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by Braya Yasra.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gloridenis Rexicalus, Eskkaar, Saerin, Kethal Darren, Targen, Lexihes Ryan

[UPRISING] Announcement: End of Hiatus 6 months 3 weeks ago #17831

• Braya Yasra
  • Captain

UPRISING

END OF HIATUS

Hello folks!

I'm pleased to report that the hiatus has now been concluded and regular campaign events will resume from now onwards. I'm still in the process of updating the campaign guide and the overall schedule (which is very complicated, especially when accounting for the changes that have been made), however, our first few events have been posted to the events calendar and will be going ahead as planned!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about the campaign and this hiatus specifically, feel free to post them here or contact me directly.

Thank you all for your patience, and I sincerely hope that you enjoy the coming roleplay!

Last Edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by Braya Yasra.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Margo Faulkner, Gloridenis Rexicalus, Eskkaar, Saerin, Kethal Darren, Targen

[UPRISING] Announcement: End of Hiatus 4 months 4 weeks ago #18568

• Braya Yasra
  • Captain

UPRISING

SECOND CAMPAIGN HIATUS

Hello everyone!

Following on from my announcement in Discord general chat a few days ago, all scheduled campaign events have been postponed, and I'm placing the Uprising campaign on hiatus for a second time. As I mentioned on Discord, I've been experiencing increasing demands for my time in the past few weeks, and, coupled with a steadily rising level of stress, I've felt the need to pause to collect myself before we continue.

The decision to postpone the campaign is not one that's been taking lightly, especially considering the previous hiatus, and the recent longer-than-desired gap between events. This campaign has been a labour of love for me for nearly two years by this point, and so I am just as disappointed by this as you, the members. Ultimately, however, I want to ensure that these events are the best they possibly can be, and I also want to enjoy them for myself; recently, I've not been enjoying my work for the guild, and that has contributed significantly to this decision.

Being honest and upfront, I do not yet know when we will be resuming the campaign, however, at the very latest, I am committed to finishing the campaign in its entirity before the end of the year. In the coming days and weeks, I'll be working with my Margo and Eskkaar to rejiggle the campaign so that it's less intense to run generally, with GMing for some sections or events being delegated. As before, however, the story content of the campaign will not be changed siginificantly, so players shouldn't worry about missing out.

In the meantime, the additional time aforded by this hiatus will be used to improve the campaign events (there's still a lot of events to go!) as well as giving the guild some TLC; there are quite a few guild matters - some big, some small - that have been neglected since the campaign has started, so I'll personally be putting in some extra time to get these outstanding issues sorted.

But, fear not my friends, there will be roleplay in the very near future in place of campaign events. Margo has already announced a return to the hydroponics bay event chain, I have a few ideas for events connected to the campaign to keep the story in focus (some of which might feature a certain mystic currently aboard the Empress Teta), and a few other members have also announced they would be interested in putting an event on.

Finally, there will also be a guild meeting in Discord voice chat this coming Wednesday (2oth June) at 20:00 BST to discuss the campaign and the upcoming roleplay, followed by a bout of Cards Against Humanity. All are welcome!

Once again, I apologise for whatever disappointment has been caused by this hiatus, but I thank you all for your continued patience. <3

Last Edit: 4 months 4 weeks ago by Braya Yasra.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gloridenis Rexicalus, Eskkaar, Dolthe
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds
2018  First Expeditionary Fleet