logotype
24 -June -2017 - 15:36
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the place to post stories you have written about your character's timeskip. What they got up to in the five years between the fall of the Gav Daragon and the rise of the Empress Teta.

TOPIC: [Saerin: Time Skip Stories]

[Saerin: Time Skip Stories] 8 months 5 days ago #16603

• Saerin
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Thank you received: 332
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by Saerin.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gloridenis Rexicalus, Eskkaar

[A Time Skip Story] Pilgrim 8 months 4 days ago #16612

• Saerin
  • Staff Sergeant
The Jedi Order has fallen. The ranks of the order decimated and scattered beyond the stars. Jedi Master's Cai Durkin and Rora Saan, contemplating the loss of centuries of learning and knowledge, have once again reinitiated a form of the Alaris Prime Project.

In secret, the Jedi Knight Saerin Avectus has been recalled from the Wars and sent back to the Alaris Expanse to ascertain the state of the fallen temple and to begin preperations for the arrival of former Praxians.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

A vast world of blue-green, mottled with swirling white weather systems and divided by dark oceans loomed large on the viewscreen. With a slow, reluctant motion, he lifted his hands and placed them on the control columns, overriding the automated systems and taking the ship under manual control. A number of audible taps on various control surfaces banked the ship right and away from Kashyyyk as he vectored in on the Alaris Expanse and engaged forward thrust.

Kashyyyk began to fade away to his left, the faint glow of her suns light reflecting from the upper atmosphere retracting away from him as the ship passed by. The soft thrum of the engines beneath him, permeated through the ship, keeping the silence at bay.

He glanced over a datadoc on the console to his left, running through the usual pre-landing flight checks.

Mere moments passed, Alaris Prime forming, growing in size as the ship cut through the intervening space, making straight for it. He angled the controls down towards the atmosphere, engaging the heat shielding.

He was going home.

Last Edit: 8 months 2 days ago by Saerin.

[A Time Skip Story] Pilgrim 8 months 2 days ago #16628

• Saerin
  • Staff Sergeant
Journal Entry: Alaris Prime, day 1.

Due to Master Saan's reactivation of the temple's defences, I have left the ship and must hike the remainder of the way from my landing site. I estimate it at approximately 112km, give or take, and should accomplish it within three to four days if all goes as expected.

There are many caverns to traverse and the terrain is not overly easily, but I cannot forsee any particular difficulites. My previous visits to the temple site proved relatively uneventful, and whilst there are many nesting Gundarks within the temple's vicinity, I do not expect to come in to conflict with them.

I am still torn as to this undertaking. I understand and fully support the need to preserve the Jedi Knowledge and history within the temples Archives, but I am sceptical as to whether they are even functioning. This could all be a fools errand.. taking me away from my place with the men and women serving aboard the Gav Daragon.

Journal Entry: Alaris Prime, day 2.

I climbed initailly in to the foothills and across the first ridgeline northwards. The morning rose to my right and lit the world before me. An avian creature of some kind, too high for me to discern, shadowed my movements through the early dawn before it departed, wheeling away Southwards shortly after the sun began to climb.

I can see the valley unfolding before me, in the distance, the great lake and Mount Ashla, as I had known it in my youth, rising, rearing it's white crowned head from the low wisps of cloud. The temple grounds are well hidden, enclosed within forest, on the northwest face of the mountain.

The immediate path ahead is blocked by rutting Gundarks - I will give the males a wide berth. The detour will not delay me overmuch.

Last Edit: 8 months 2 days ago by Saerin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gloridenis Rexicalus, Dyston, Eskkaar

[A Time Skip Story] Pilgrim 7 months 3 weeks ago #16664

• Saerin
  • Staff Sergeant
It's just a shadow,
Cast from all the light,
Wherever I go, he's never far behind,
And in the darkness,
I lose him every time,
In the dark, the two of us combine.

Autumn had fallen once again, blanketing the temple valley with an abundance of red, gold-brown and copper hued leaves, which rustled and stirred, dancing upon the cool late evening breeze like flames atop a pyre.

The last embers of daylight, from the star Kashyyyk, faded and were replaced by a soft evening glow, as the Gas Giant Alaris reflected light from the star back down towards the darkened hemisphere of Alaris Prime.

The slopes of Mount Ashla rose in a gentle gradient from the loamy banks of the Great Lake Acero and extended far off in to the distance: up towards the clearing upon which the temple ruins nestled.

Beyond the temple valley, in the far distance, the Wise Masters reigned supreme: a jagged series of rocky, granite pinnacles, cut a dark silhoutte, beyond which the Thornhedge Nebula could be seen, crowned by the the blazing starlight of the Thornhedge Pulsar.

Brighter still was Alaris, Alaris Minor, and the swirling clouds of the Tyyyn Nebula, both of which, by virtue of their proximity, dominated the night sky.

It was never truly pitch-dark on Alaris Prime. It was a place of Starlight, half-light, and shadow.

The Wise Masters had been calling to him for sometime now, since the early days of his arrival. He had staved off the desire to go to them for nearly two years, losing himself in the toil and labour that clearing the temple ruins had demanded. There had been, and still was, much to do. The temple remained in a ruinous state - beyond which the efforts of one man could restore, but he had tried to fulfill his mission as best he could.

The archives were functioning, and that was what mattered most to him. Had mattered most to them, his masters, whom he presumed must be dead now, for none had come to his aid. None of his fellow Praxians had come. Master Saan, Master Veyin, Master Isolt, Master Anming, Master Merryn, Master Sahil, Master Kengon, Master Nyl'ana, Master Durkin, Master Sedaya, Knight Kepue, Knight Izack, Knight Aedrin, Knight Mavell, Knight Shiru, Knight Laal, Knight Tenova, Knight Sol, Padawan Ady'heri, Initiate Zumrut, Initiate Felix, Initiate Vannes.. where were they? What fate had befallen those with whom he had shared this home? He could not say.

He cast his gaze back in the temples direction, now far out of sight, pushing aside the faces of those to whom the names belonged, his sense of loss had been profound. Was profound. Surely now though, the time had come to leave the past in the past? The thought of abandoning sentimentality and nostalgia amused him for a moment; it was something he would never do.
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by Saerin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gloridenis Rexicalus, Dyston, Eskkaar

[A Time Skip Story] Pilgrim 6 months 2 weeks ago #16826

• Saerin
  • Staff Sergeant
He had reached the basin at the foot of the Wise Masters, though the way had been hard and long, he had endured it.

He knelt, his robe pulled over his head, amidst the loose, icy, scree and shattered shards of granite. Snow whipped around and obscured the masters as the wind rose - one moment dazzling him in white - before falling and settling about him. Unmoving, he knelt on, a solitary figure, a dark silhouette, a shadow, insignificant beneath the grandeur of the mountainscape.

The Force had called him there, he believed.

It was some time before the Force opened before him, but it gave him no clarity. Instead, seeming to imbue a vague sense within him. A strange, cold feeling seized him. No one, after all that Master Sedaya had said, was coming to Alaris Prime. Only he, of the Praxeum Jedi of Alaris Prime yet lived. All had come to ruin and silence. The Gav Daragon was destroyed and her crew killed. His friends were gone. He had abandoned them.

His shoulders sagged as he struggled within himself and from the exertion of controlling the swell of the Force that rose and resonated through the stone and earth, pouring through him like a font fit for bursting.

Suddenly, he cut off the flow of Force energy, cast back the hood of his robe and stood.

[A Time Skip Story] Pilgrim 4 months 3 weeks ago #16976

• Saerin
  • Staff Sergeant
Excerpts from a military diary detailing the Fall of Bia-dh II:
Saerin Avectus - Jedi-Attache XI Army - Republic Resistance.

We rose early, expecting further orders from Command. No engagement until sun up, a contingent of armour breaching through the valley from the west along the Seriline road. The advancement of the enemy was stopped, at great cost, for many Knights led the line.

Commander Cjaer's Jedi Adviser: Master Feylo, directed us to dig a mass grave on the outskirts of the settlement. There was nothing with which to mark the site.

A captured grav-lift vehicle was used to haul artillery along the ridgeline south of our position during early hours- it would provide significant cover on our northern line and help to secure the settlement against further counterattack.

We ate sparingly - though we at least had plenty of water, and prepared for the days march. The commander addressed us personally, the objective was to capture and hold a portion of ridgeline some 10 klicks to our North.

After advancing with great losses, we held our position. The surrounding lands, upon which we looked down, were rich and verdant, much the same as the other agri-rich worlds of the sector, with large fields of corns and vegeatables providing significant cover for sniper fire.

We dug in - using mounds of earth as makeshift ramparts. The enemy did not try to retake the position during the night.
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
2017  First Expeditionary Fleet