logotype
20 -August -2017 - 08:01
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the place to post stories you have written about your character's timeskip. What they got up to in the five years between the fall of the Gav Daragon and the rise of the Empress Teta.

TOPIC: [Timeskip Story] Lucasta.

[Timeskip Story] Lucasta. 1 year 4 months ago #15538

• Lucasta
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Thank you received: 334

Final Conversation
Breathe
Feet First
This is it
Ord Mantell
Pilot
Pendulum

Rishi
Medic
Empress
Supply lines
Loss
Devastation
Recovery

Midnight call
Remember me
RSS Mills Runner
Hollow
Determination
Rocoro
Mantell
Alderaan
Rishi once more
Coruscant

☐ Taken
☐ Single
✔ Mentally dating an imaginary character
Last Edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by Lucasta.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

[Timeskip Story] Lucasta. 1 year 4 months ago #15539

• Lucasta
  • Staff Sergeant
Time: +3 Months After Zakuul Invasion.
RSS Gav Daragon, Secondary Hyperdrive.

“You’re an idiot.”

"Hey! Don't worry 'bout me, Ren. There ain't nothin' I can't fix on the Gav Daragon, and I sure as hell ain't gonna let some other kid take my place. I may not be a good Marine, but I'm a fuckin' -great- mechanic!" He laughed. The bloody nerve of this man never ceased to amaze her. It was a hollow sound, though. Broken. He knew what was going to happen.

"I know. Which is why you'll fix this too. But what about me? Who'll fix me?"

"Who're you kiddin'? You're the best damn soldier on this ship, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise. You don't need fixin'. You need to do your job. Don't worry 'bout me--really. I like a challenge. A fuckin' -big- challenge." Another laugh. Then silence. For a few agonising moments they just are. When he finally speaks, it’s softer. "Do me a favor, though..."

"Hmm?"

"When you get out of this mess--and you WILL get out of this mess--go home to Ord Mantell and..." Her breath catches and she wants to hurt him. Kick him and drag him away screaming so that he can’t be the bloody hero he’s trying to be. "...tell my kid brother -it- ain't his fault."

"... You're a real asshole. You know that?" She can’t keep herself from sniffing, breathing in deeply and making a choked sound. "I will, though. Nothing for the older one?"

"Nah. He already knows what I mean. He'll think me an asshole, too--but that ain't new." The comm channel is filled with the fizzle and popping of a worsening connection, disrupted by the radiation he’s heading for. "I gotta go, Ren."

"... Yeah. I'll see you in hell, right? Feet first."

"Yeah. I'll save you a--" Her fingers curl around the railing, the metal construct all that is preventing her from falling to her knees, drowning. Faintly she hears voices. ‘You’ve done it! Felixus..?’ The Lieutenant. ‘He’s gone.’ Roku. Nothing makes sense. It hurts to breathe. Then-

“Make it matter.”

She steps back, looking at Faulkner. After several long seconds that last an eternity each, she follows the woman to what is likely her death.

☐ Taken
☐ Single
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Lucasta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eskkaar, Kordall Bas´Katar

[Timeskip Story] Lucasta. 1 year 4 months ago #15540

• Lucasta
  • Staff Sergeant
RSS Empress Teta, Barracks.

She can’t sleep. Exhaustion is creeping in on her and yet all she can think about is 'You don’t need fixin’.'. It echoes in her head and she grits her teeth and pushes her face against the pillow. Her fingers dig into the sheets and her her breath stutters again when an answering pressure on her hand jerks her from her temporary freak out. Eyes widen as they meet the concerned face of her bunkmate and she feels her rapid heartbeat slow again. Breathe slowly, Luca.

A faint smile before eyes close once more. No judgement, no words needed. He understands. She sighs, closing her eyes and finally drifting off to sleep.

☐ Taken
☐ Single
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gloridenis Rexicalus, Eskkaar

[Timeskip Story] Lucasta. 1 year 4 months ago #15541

• Lucasta
  • Staff Sergeant
RSS Gav Daragon, Auditorium.

There was a twisted sort of serenity about the Gav. Massive chunks of bulkheads and the bent edges of hull littered the space around them, interspersed with still fizzing wires and pools of cooling liquid. Torn flags hung listlessly from serrated edges of the walls that had once proudly worn them. The Republic logo that she vaguely managed to place as the one from the Auditorium was ripped in two. With several slow but measured paces she stood on one half. Searching. There. She knelt, her hand moving to the scar the floor had carried for the past year. A remainder of her preparation for Carida. Pushing to her feet, she moved to the top of the debris, looking out over the various forms picking their way through the wreckage looking for memories and loved ones just as she was.

There was a word for moments like these but she couldn’t manage to find it, struggling to place the situation until her mind absently provided. Desolate. Hopeless. Lost. They were lost. The RSS Gav Daragon had been her home for years now. It had raised her up from the shell she had been, given her purpose and a place to call her own. She had found her family here. Both hearts seemed to tighten painfully and her hand moved to the left side of her chest, brushing over her tattoo.

“Feet first…”

With that, she carefully made her way down and towards the remains of the Secondary Hyperdrive. She has a job to do. ‘You need to do your job.’ “I know, I know…”

☐ Taken
☐ Single

[Timeskip Story] Lucasta. 1 year 4 months ago #15542

• Lucasta
  • Staff Sergeant
Time: +10 Months After Zakuul Invasion.
RSS Ras Nomasi, Commander’s Office.

“Let go.” Her voice rang with the disbelief that she felt. “I’m- What? After everything?!” Fury overtook the disbelief now and the Commander narrowed his eyes as he saw the rage welling up.

“Ren, you’ve been a valuable member of this crew-” He held up his hand to stall her interruption before she even opened her mouth. “But I’m having to make choices. And sadly your anger issues have caused… problems.”

Gritting her teeth, Lucasta sat back down in her chair, absently noting that she wasn’t aware she’d gotten up. “I don’t have anger issues.”

An arched brow and two taps on his computer had the Commander reading out what seemed like the damage report after the Gav’s destruction. “- and three- three, Ren! Three repulsorlifts. How you manage that, I don’t even want to know. And that was just this past month. Jenkins is still recovering from his last sparring session with him and we’re not sure if Motra will be able to use her eye again.”

“… She headbutted me first.”

Exasperated, he shook the datapad he was holding at her.“That is not the point. Even though you’ve been given several warnings and a lot of leniency for the events that occured with the Gav-”

“Do not talk about that.”

He sat back, sighing as he tossed the datapad onto the desk. “Look. Normally you’d be tried for this, demoted, whatever. But you had a good career and you were an excellent Marine-”

“ODMC.”

“Yes, apologies. An excellent ODMC. But in the end, we’ve got to make choices. The Republic is having to reduce its fleet to less than a tenth of its current size.”

Deflated, she sat back, staring at his desk. “So it’s over.”

“Yes. I’m sorry, Corporal, but I’m afraid it is.”

☐ Taken
☐ Single

[Timeskip Story] Lucasta. 1 year 4 months ago #15543

• Lucasta
  • Staff Sergeant
Time: +10 Months After Zakuul Invasion.
Ord Mantell, Rocoro home.

She expected to find a mourning family. That was, after all, what she had set out to do. Instead, she found the broken shell of a man who had lost everything. Her arrival had him confused, then angry, then nothing. They sat at the table, stale and cold tea in both their mugs. In between them laid Rocoro’s beret, wings and a single dogtag. The other was now on her own neck. Lychus couldn’t look at her. She couldn’t look at him. Eventually he spoke, voice somewhat croaky.

“What are you going to do now?”

Head bowing forward a little bit further, she shrugged. “I don’t know. Everyone is-… Everywhere. Faulkner wasn’t at the search, Yasra doesn’t know where she went. Half the crew is missing and we’re still no closer to finding out who actually attacked us. My home is gone. The Gav was-” She pauses, not willing to go where that train of thought might lead her. “I’m going to contact some people. Get some information.”

Looking up, she found herself under his scrutiny. A brow arched slightly, inquisitively. “Back to Intelligence then? Yeah, he told me.”

Shaking her head, she leaned back against the backrest of the chair, raking a hand through her hair. “No. I can’t do what I need to do when I’m there. It’s not illegal, exactly, but I do believe the Navy doesn’t like this sort of stuff.”

Another silence falls until the scraping of a chair draws her from her thoughts. She watches him move to the kitchen, his gait and form so similar to his brother that she has to bite her tongue from calling out to him. His places his mug in the sink, then rests both hands on the counter. Lucasta doesn’t look away, observing the way his shoulders tense, hunch up slightly. A defensive posture. “I have nothing here.” He speaks solemnly, head hanging slightly before his shoulders droop down and she recognises his words. ‘Everyone I care about is dead or gone.’

“Come with me.” His eyes, once they meet hers, are an indication of his confusion, as is the speed with which he had turned at her statement. She doubts he is more confused or startled than she is, though. The words left her before she could give them more thought. “I mean… I could use people.”

Brown eyes narrow as they stare at her searchingly. “For what?”

As she speaks, she rises from her seat, her words and expression gaining strength as the ideas pour into her mind. “I’m going to go… rogue, I suppose. The Navy is helpless against this fleet. I’ve seen it. But this new enemy, it has to have weaknesses. There are always ways. Supply lines, key facilities. There are places no one in the military can go because rules and regulations tie them down. The Government will limit their movement. But one single ship with a small crew? They can’t monitor us.”

“Two people is too small for a crew, though.”

She waved off his concerns, already thinking about that. “I know people. Don’t worry about that. Are you in?”

His look of utter disbelief and bafflement slowly faded as he watched her pace through his kitchen, replaced with amusement at the vehemence this short woman was speaking with. “Ah man… I can see why Felix liked you. Same brand of crazy. What have I got to lose, anyway.” Stepping up to her, he stuck out his hand. “You got a ship then, Captain?”

Grinning, she took it, shaking his hand firmly. “Not yet. But I know where to get one.”

☐ Taken
☐ Single
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gloridenis Rexicalus, Eskkaar, Jaxar Wilson

[Timeskip Story] Lucasta. 1 year 4 months ago #15582

• Lucasta
  • Staff Sergeant
Time: +13 Months After Zakuul Invasion.
Alderaan, Kraynar Grasslands.

“I don’t know if this is a good idea.” With a sigh, the Zabrak turned to look at the Mirialan for what seemed the fiftieth time that day.

“We’ve got this, Al’anira. Stop fretting about it. We need a pilot.” Looking back, she nodded at the two men standing near the shuttle. “Kallum, Groove. Make sure that you pick up those mods when you go supply shopping. And keep it clean, we’re not here to cause damage.” The two men nodded, identical smirks on both faces before they peeled away from their location. After another fifteen minutes of waiting, Lychus finally made it out of the spaceport, waving a datapad around.

“I got the spot. Apparently the lady living there is pretty decent when it comes to dealing with folks, so hopefully this pays off.” He hopped into the speeder with a nimble move, tossing the datapad over to Lucasta.

The former marine barely caught it, offering him a brief glare before she peered down at the text. “Okay, so it’s forty-five minutes out? We should get going. I’ve sent the twins off shopping.” She didn’t even have to look up to know that a pained grimace accompanied his groan. “They’ll be fine.”

“That’s what you said last time.” Al’anira grinned as she leaned over the Zabrak to rifle through one of the bags for a bottle of water. “And last time they burned down a mall.”

A snort left Lucasta before she finally shut down the datapad. “Bullshit. It was one store and they didn’t really start that fire.”

“Just the fight that led to it,” Lychus piped up, earning him a kick to the back of his chair. “Oi! Respect the driver!”

Lucasta smirked at him in the rearview mirror before her expression sobered. “So. What’s the plan? I go in with Al? Women are generally seen as less threatening.” At the nodded agreement from Lychus, she continued. “The guy we’re looking for is a Tolian without lekku markings. He’s roughly thirty years old and has a rather prominent scar on the left side of his face. Supposedly he ‘works’ for a noblewoman, though if I know anything about that side of Alderaan, he’s most likely another one of those indentured servants.” At Al’anira’s scowl, she patted the Mirialan on the knee. “Cool it, hothead. Either way, according to my contact, this place is legit. We should be able to talk to either him or the Lady herself.”

As the landscape passed them by, it changed from snow covered grassland to stretched out pastures of emerald green. The coastline glittered to the far right, hinting at the ocean beyond and before them, the great faces of the Juran Mountains loomed. Their target was closer though, raised up on a cliff near the ocean.

——————

The entire compound was surrounded by tall and smooth white walls. With a frown, Al’anira placed her hand against the stone. “Is this to keep people out, or in?”

Lychus passed by her, patting her on the shoulder with a light and easy grin. “Come now, Ally, I’ve never known Alderaanians for slavers. I highly doubt it’s that bad.”

“Thirty-five Twi’lek! That’s what the report says!”

“So what? Twi’lek have big families. And they like to stick together. Right?” Lucasta let out a sound of amusement as the question was directed at her.

“If you don’t know about this stuff, don’t make statements like that. Also, why would I know? Do these look like braintails?” She pressed her index finger to one of her frontal horns, then turned the corner and headed for the main gates. To her surprise, they were spread wide open.

No further checkpoints awaited them as they walked into what appeared to be a small village. Clean streets and white houses surrounded a massive square leading up to the larger manor that crested the cliffs. On their approach they had noted the massive balconies and overhanging alcoves that blossomed from the cliff outward, overlooking the land below and the ocean beyond it. It indicated that what they saw above ground was not all that there was to this house.

Lychus released a soft whiste as he looked around, nearly tripping over a Twi’lek kid that had run in front of him. “Nice.”

And it was, Lucasta had to admit. There were people everywhere. Most seemed to be working one of the many gardens that lay scattered around, or wandering around in what appeared to be some sort of uniform. Eventually, Al’anira spotted their target as he came walking out of one of the white buildings near the manor. His uniform was different, a little more militaristic than that of the others.

“That’s our target right there. Rudy.” Luca nodded and moved over to the man with a bright smile.

“Hey there! Could we have a moment of your time?”

The Tolian blinked, his blue eyes glancing over their group before he nodded and led them over to one of the houses to the side. Two teenagers came bursting out of the door, only pausing for a split second to apologise before they ran out into the streets and out of sight. “Ehr, sorry. They’re getting close to graduating.” Rudy grinned and shrugged helplessly before holding the door open and inviting them in. Once they had been served some tea and where all sat around the homey kitchen, the Tolian sat back and peered at them one by one. “So, what is this about then?”

Lucasta grinned at him as she sat back, folding her arms. “I hear you are a fine pilot. We happen to be looking for one. Interested?”

☐ Taken
☐ Single
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gloridenis Rexicalus, Dyston, Eskkaar, Szaarjo Zhiejee

[Timeskip Story] Lucasta. 1 year 4 months ago #15606

• Lucasta
  • Staff Sergeant
Time: +15 Months After Zakuul Invasion.
Alderaan, Northern Shipyards.

“You’re fucking kidding me, right, Cap?” Luca’s answering grin only caused the scowl on Kallum’s face to deepen. It was morbidly fascinating to see his face go through the five stages of denial, she silently thought to herself as she watched the lines go from shock to disbelief, then the narrowing of the eyes that indicated a growing rage and then- “This isn’t a ship! You said it would be a ship!”

She spun, spreading her arms and looking up at the ship before them. “And I delivered!”

When she turned back, giving Al’anira an expectant look, the Mirialan just grimaced, shrugged and stepped back as she raised her hands in defence. “Hey now, don’t look at me. Looking at that is enough to send any mechanic into shudders of horror.” Jex, the Jawa standing next to Al’anira, just nodded before he began twittering at the Mirialan rapidly. Al just nodded, occasionally offering a counter argument before the Jawa’s gesturing became so enthused that he nearly toppled over. Eventually she heaved a sigh and gave Luca a vaguely annoyed look. “But… apparently she’s space-worthy.”

Kallum spat out a curse that had his brother apologising profusely.

Lychus, as per usual, was the one to step forward and calm the group. “Come on now. So she needs some work. None of us have the cash needed to actually get anything better than this and we are more than capable of fixing her up ourselves. Rudy, do you think you can- Where’d he go?” Jex’s pointing finger had Lychus turning and looking up to where the Tolian was apparently already in the cockpit, fluttering about exitedly and checking out panels left and right. “I’ll just assume that means yes.”

Beaming at the group, Lucasta clapped her hands together. “Excellent! We’re leaving in two months, so lets get to work!”

☐ Taken
☐ Single
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gloridenis Rexicalus, Dyston, Eskkaar, Szaarjo Zhiejee

[Timeskip Story] Lucasta. 11 months 3 weeks ago #16310

• Lucasta
  • Staff Sergeant
Time: +18 Months After Zakuul Invasion.
Rishi, Southern Hemisphere.

Moist heat. The kind that only needed a few minutes of exposure before your shirt clung to your back like a second skin. Mosquitoes buzzed around their heads, eagerly looking for unclothed skin to settle on. Every member of their party had beads of sweat running down their temples, smudges of dirt lining the path their hands had taken to wipe at the droplets. The air was filled with noise from the jungle surrounding them; the singing of colourful birds, insects twittering, scuttling and zooming around, all accompanied and overseen by the groaning of ancient trees in a breeze that didn’t reach the ground level.

Kallum cursed. Groove grunted in reply. At the front of the procession, Lucasta growled and slapped away another brightly coloured bug before pushing past an impossibly vibrant green plant, its long leaves unfurling into their path like graceful limbs decorated with blood red flowers the size of cabbages. Tree roots littered the jungle floor, seemingly appearing out of nowhere to snag their feet and wind around their legs. Somewhere behind them, a bellowing roar caused a flock of birds to take to the sky. Glancing at Lychus, Lucasta quickened her pace.

After what seemed like hours but had really only been half an hour, maybe shorter, the trail ended. With a scowl, the Zabrak looked up at the thick wall of greenery before them, blocking the path. Unfortunately, it looked to be completely natural, framing a rock wall behind it that went up far beyond their view. She turned, then, her gaze directed at the new addition to their party expectantly. Keen yellow eyes regarded her over a curved beak as the Rishii stepped forward. Raising his dark brown and golden dappled feathered arm, he ran his hand over the wall almost reverently. The party watched with bated breath, most in fascination, one with alert wariness, as he closed his eyes and hummed softly. “Here.”

The soft crow of success that had bubbled up from his throat had them all sighing in relief, though when he passed through the foliage without nary a second glance, he elicited a dismayed outcry from Kallum, who dove after him immediately, and a tightening of fingers around a gun from Lychus. Lucasta stepped forward, placing her hand on her First Mate’s arm gently and prompting him to look her in the eyes with that painfully familiar frown. A was smile was her only reply before she too vanished to the other side of the wall.

Once she had pushed through and her eyes got used to the bright light from the sun finally streaking through the trees, her breath caught in her throat. Trees as tall as the buildings on Coruscant provided the valley with protection from above with their absolutely gargantuan leafy roofs. Sunlight poured through the thick greenery, layering the ground with dappled spots of bright yellow light. Lush grass carpeted the floor as far as the eyes could see, only intersected by bubbly blue creeks with rapidly running water and ancient ruins of cities build millenia ago. A glance to their origin confirmed her suspicion of it being mountain water, with one wall of the valley being a sheer stone cliff. At this distance, they couldn’t hear it, but she could see the light reflecting from the waterfall crashing down into a small lake at the foot of it. The hidden valley probably looked to be a continuation of the mountain’s rocky slopes, she realised as she craned her head back to peer at the treetops again.

Their Rishii guide stood patiently as the party gawked, though when the Captain finally cleared her throat in light embarrassment, his amusement was clearly visible. Inclining his head, he turned, leading them away from the secret entrance and towards one of the massive trees. As they approached, Luca’s eyes widened at what she could now see wasn’t as thick a trunk as she had initially believed, but a house, artfully crafted to fit around the tree’s original trunk, after which said tree had been nurtured and grown around the house. The carefully tended wood was decorated with beautiful and intricate carvings depicting birds in flight, their colours painstakingly inked in.

And now, closer to the ruins, she could see that they were not, in fact, ruins at all. All of the buildings had been integrated with the surrounding area, shielding them from being seen from above, as well as providing them with solid foundations and in some cases, even paths across which Rishii could be seen crossing from one building to another.

Their guide led them to the nearest house, where he bid them to wait as he ascended the stairs, then entered through the door and closed it behind him. Hours passed, during which they had been given fresh water, its taste hinting at minerals and cold stone, as well as roasted nuts and both fresh and dried fruits. An absolute delight for the space-faring and nutrition pack eating crew, more than one of them contemplated the option of perhaps staying for more than a few hours when at long last the door opened.

“He will see you now.”

☐ Taken
☐ Single
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kaiden, Gloridenis Rexicalus, Dyston, Eskkaar, Szaarjo Zhiejee

[Timeskip Story] Lucasta. 11 months 2 weeks ago #16374

• Lucasta
  • Staff Sergeant
Time: +19 Months After Zakuul Invasion.
Rishi, Raider’s Cove.

“Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t shoot you right now.” Their reunion was one of violence, regret and tears. She was a Republic Marine. It was what she had dedicated her life to, fought for with every fibre of her being and could finally lay claim to when she was branded as an ODMC by Lieutenant Margo Faulkner. She was a Marine. And here before her stood the man who had sunk her ship. Her gun was drawn and placed against his throat before either of them could even blink, a red haze darkening her vision and blurring her eyes. Or were those tears?

Instinct, or perhaps fear, caused him to freeze, his breath caught in his lungs as his pupils thinned to small pinpricks of black, wide eyes fixed on her enraged and furious features. His throat bobbed against her gun as he swallowed, almost in slow motion.

Too soon. The wounds were too fresh, recently having been brought back to the surface by the Rishii that had received them into his home. And now she was given a chance at revenge, payback. A chance to watch someone bleed for his death. Her finger tightened against the trigger, all sounds of the Cantina around them falling away as she leaned forwards to spit her words out at him, reading his crimes to him before she executed him. Only she couldn’t. Not when his eyes widened, first in shock, then in horror as her angry words struck him like physical blows.

He hadn’t been there. Hadn’t known. Had only been on board of the Imperial Cruiser long enough to see his superior officers, responsible for saving his life, be threatened with executions, then they’d been put on a transport to Kaas. And no matter how badly she wanted, needed to shout at him, call him a liar and pull that trigger, she couldn’t.

So instead, they talked. About him. About her. His arm. Her ship. Their goals. And somewhere between the talk about the future and the past, her crew became his and she found herself having to introduce a medic to her crew.

————————

Or at least, she hoped she would. Right now, as she flattened herself to the top of the rock a little bit more, she questioned whether she would have the chance, though. He’d made one request. One thing he needed to do before they could leave. Apparently he’d been helping locals with their medical needs and there was a shuttle nearby with supplies. If she helped him get them, he would be able to give them to the right people and ensure they’d be fine for a little while longer.

A simple plan, in theory. Go into a cave, find the crashed ship, get the supplies, leave. Only neither of them had really taken the time to double check they were alone. So here they were, possible hostiles outnumbering them in a cave, unable to transmit to anyone on the outside.

Just another day in paradise.

☐ Taken
☐ Single
The following user(s) said Thank You: Margo Faulkner, Gloridenis Rexicalus, Dyston, Emrys, Szaarjo Zhiejee
Moderators: Targen, Eskkaar
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds
2017  First Expeditionary Fleet